Our curriculum has our children at its centre and has been developed to both support and inspire them. Our ambitious curriculum has been designed to take account of the legal requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage and the Primary National Curriculum. It exposes our children to enriching experiences across all subjects, immersing them in progressive knowledge and skills; equipping them with personal characteristics required to succeed in life. Our commitment to our 'Learning for Life' RSHE programme is testament to this as is our determination to provide all our children with the firm foundations they need so they can take every opportunity afforded to them as they move through their educational journey.
The key principles behind the design of our curriculum are for our children to:
· be confident, independent and resilient learners
· be kind; showing empathy and compassion whilst valuing diversity
· achieve academically across the entire curriculum, meeting at least the national expectation by the end of their primary education
· be culturally knowledgeable about our country and our world
· have aspirations for the future and know that these can be reached through hard work and determination
· be well prepared for the challenges of the secondary school curriculum. Ultimately, we want all of our children, to be the best they can be, making a positive contribution to the world they live in.